Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ra.One Is Less Than 100 Days Away From Its Release

Countdown has begun for Shahrukh Khan’s RA.ONE. Less than 100 days remain for the Diwali release of the film and momentum is expected to gain with every passing week as the film starts unveiling many more promotional tools that it currently has in its kitty. Meanwhile the film’s director RA.ONE already believes that he has a biggie in hand. This belief comes from the confidence that he has gained after spending over six years of his life into making this multi-crore VFX laden superhero film.
“As is the known fact, deep inside every filmmaker knows how his product has eventually shaped up. There are seldom any surprises that he carries even though he may project an expression of disbelief on the success or failure of his film,” says Anubhav.
This confession coming from a man who has helmed a project as huge as RA.ONE (which is rumoured to be carrying a 175 crores budget) is surprising since most in his place would have wanted to keep a defensive stance.
“After working day in and night out for RA.ONE, I have come to realise what had happened after the success of DUS. It is as simple as that - I had got carried away by appreciating form more than content,” admits Anubhav, “All my concentration was on getting the technique right and in the process of doing that, I wasn’t concentrating as much on my story telling.”
For someone who had incidentally made his debut with a sensitive and an unassuming small time film TUM BIN, this was nothing less than a wakeup call.
“I kicked myself and started remembering the times when I had started off with a film like TUM BIN which was about relationships rather than style. I started missing the love that I had got for my story and not the way I placed my camera. I said to myself that ‘Hello, what are you up to? Where have your basics disappeared?’ Today if I am positive about RA.ONE that is because I know about the areas where I had failed earlier and how I have improved upon them,” says Anubhav.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

s
SMARTS ACTORS. Powered by Blogger.