Friday, June 10, 2011

Amitabh Bachchan Remembers M F Hussain

Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan today mourned the death of M F Husain and said the best gift he received from the celebrated artist was a painting of Lord Hanuman when he was recuperating after an accident on the sets of Coolie.
“M F Husain, artist, painter, friend… passes away! Sad, very sad! Many of his works and gifts adorn my home,” Bachchan said on micro-blogging site Twitter.
“Husain’s best painting gift to me… a Hanuman with ‘Sanjeevani booti’ flying… given to me in Breach Candy Hospital, during the Coolie episode,” he said.
During the shooting of Manmohan Desai’s film Coolie in 1982 Bachchan was critically injured in the intestines while filming a fight scene with co-star Puneet Issar which almost cost him his life.
The 68-year-old actor also mentioned about other paintings of Husain, given to him, which he cherished.
“Another special painting he did for me… translated my poem I wrote in Hospital, on canvas… very special and most endearing!!,” Big B said. Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

s
SMARTS ACTORS. Powered by Blogger.