Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Anushka Sharma’s Career Graph Is Moving Quite Slowly

After signing an untitled film with Shahrukh Khan, many wondered about Anushka Sharma whether she was restricting herself to the Yash Chopra camp and would ever do films with other banners as well. After all this year, except for PATIALA HOUSE that came very early and LADIES V/S RICKY BAHL which would be coming at the fag end of the year, Anushka has more or less a barren slate for herself. However such rumours have finally been laid to rest with the actress now signing a film with Ajay Devgn, Vishal Bhardwaj and Kumar Mangat.
One does feel though that with the kind of talent and fan following that she comes with, won’t she benefit from picking up many more films, especially so when many of her contemporaries are signing films by dozens?
“If at all I had to do that, I would have taken this step two years back after RAB NE BANA DI JODI itself. I could have signed five films and stayed happy thinking that my future was secure. But did I do that? No, right,” she reasons, “That’s the way I want to build my career. I want to make a gradual progression. Even if that means not facing the camera for few weeks at stretch, it is okay. It is this approach that worked for me. Cliched as it may sound but my work spoke for myself.”
She adds with a laugh, “I am not someone who would want to do any ‘gadha majdoori’. I want to work for the right reasons. Sometimes it is for that particular character that you get to play or a role which is really strong. It is very important to judge the present situation and then do a film accordingly. This is the reason why I did BAND BAAJA BAARAAT at this stage of my career. I could have been a quintessential Bollywood heroine and played a glamorous leading lady but I chose to play someone who was natural to the core. Today if I look back at the film, it is inarguably my best show-reel till date.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

s
SMARTS ACTORS. Powered by Blogger.